Thursday, June 24, 2010

not significant.. not detail.. haizzz....

*crap* this 3 words made my whole day totally stressful.
today.. had meeting with my boss.. firstly I thought that I had a "little" good result.. but it was a preliminary data, since my set up just finished at 16 june evening.. and now.. it's 24! hello.. just 7 days left, minus 2 days week end, and today for meeting, so left 4 working days.. what significant datas did you expect??

En.. seems like that I wouldn't repost the activity that I did in the other days.. ( between 8-15 june, minus 2 weekends, means 6 days )

1. "thylakoid isolation" --> no need to report. just to make sure that this protocol worked before I handed them to MSE side.
2. "thylakoid immobilization using agar" --> failed. the agar dissolved perfectly in water..
3. "chloroplast immobilization using glutaraldehyde" --> well.. the glutaraldehyde liquidized after I took them out of thr fridge after 10 mnts... seems like the previous experiments with mis-calculating chemical compositions worked better compare to the real protocol
4. "thylakoid photocurrent behaviour" --> 1 out of 2 experiments shows a "little" good result in term of on-0ff.. but the voltage dropped over the time.. very2 not stable.. and the datas only took by using multimeter over the time ( minutes ), feelin that it was also not a good result to show.

at 16 june, occupied all my time from 10 to 7 at the lab *sample preparation*, and MSE *conductance reading*

at 17, testing the device, took old samples from MSE, no result

at 18, get a new samples, testing device.. and get a little "good" result * well.. in my opinion only actually.. my boss told that the results were already predicted, and it showed just a preliminary data.. with no significant result.. and no understandable reason why I do that. the actual reason why I did that was because you asked me to do! I was still thinking.. why I did that..*

*19-20 week end..*

at 21, machine booked all the day. Trying an algae extraction method according to my friend's protocol, it worked better compare to my old one. Testing the activity, compute the data.
*feel a little bit satisfied with this result actually.. but still crap according to....*

at 22, machine still booked. Got the email from MSE about the datas, understanding.. compiling the data and picture.. wrote a short report.. * good according to me.. but crap according to my boss * made an outline for result part from my old results.. think some modification and experimental repetation that I should do, because several techniques changes that I did, before it handed out to the school..

at 23, do some experiments.. compiling the datas.. got the email from bos, ask for meeting tomorrow..

at 24, this is my *crap* day!
well.. actually some of them might be my fault, I still didn't understand the basic idea why I did that, and didn't ask about the detail procedure, since I thought that it was still a preliminary datas.. but.. *sigh* my bos didn't like that answer..

like the result with MSE, she said that I still did not consider the detail, if I still don't understand.. how can I defend myself when I face my qualification exam later.. but I think that since it was still a preliminary data.. I will ask the detail after I feel that this result will be shown at my exam..

and for my own result.. well.. since actually some parts I was still wondering.. I still don't get the perfect idea.. so somehow, I just did what my boss told me.. *concentration differences, and I-V curve* but in the end.. yaa.. she asked me the detail.. but since I still can't explain and interpretating, I truthfully answered that "I still don't know.." and then.........

- the dreadful day started from this point -
--"

1 comment:

  1. luckily, she still took my result back, not to threw them away in front of me..

    Instead, I was the one who brought the copy of result, tore them, and dumped them at the toilet trash bin due to over depressed..

    ReplyDelete